Employee termination security helps your HR team or business terminate an employee who is a high-risk termination. This lowers, or possibly eliminate, the chance that any dangerous incidents will occur. Subsequently, this can make a world of difference. They can stop any dangers while protecting other employees and staff from physical, mental, and emotional health.
This year, the city of San Jose experienced a mass casualty event where a disgruntled employee became an active shooter after losing his job. The event blind-sided the company and plunged the area into turmoil, fear, and sadness.
A security guard will observe the individual being fired while evaluating any issues that employers may miss. They help the process go smoothly, without violence, and safely escort the employee off the property. During the termination, a security guard will keep gawkers at bay to maintain confidentiality. Many companies keep security services for a period of time after the termination to keep the employee from returning. A security guard is trained in how to handle active shooters, weapons of mass destruction, and terrorism awareness.
A disgruntled worker could potentially be destructive or steal company property on their way out. To mitigate this, a guard can remain on-site to ensure that property, employees, and managers remain safe afterwards.
When to Hire Security for Termination?
- Large-scale layoffs
- Hostile terminations
- Any situation where an employee becomes disgruntled
- HR issues involving liability
Signs of a Disgruntled Employee
- Decreased motivation or involvement with other employees
- Excessive breaks
- Negative demeanor or attitude
- Pursuit of other work
- Unreasonable complaints about the job
- Negative feedback from coworkers
- Verbal abuse
- Strained relationships at the workplace
- Comments about violence or violent acts
- Increased personal life or financial issues
Causes of Employees Becoming Disgruntled
- Being treated disrespectfully. If an employee is already having problems, being treated poorly could potentially worsen the attitude of the employee.
- Lack of recognition. Unsurprisingly, employees may become discontent due to lack of recognition, especially if employees are constantly reprimanded without praise.
- Working in an toxic environment. An environment that propagates favoritism or unfair treatment could worsen morale and feelings towards the company. Also, adults facing bullying at the workplace could manifest resentment or even workplace violence.
- Receiving poor performance reviews. This is the time when many employees are expecting raises, promotions, or bonuses. If an employee was expecting new benefits but receives a poor performance review, that employee may become disgruntled.
- Feeling stuck in a position. If an employee is constantly overlooked or disregarded for a promotion or praise, they may become resentful or disgruntled.
- Experiencing domestic issues. Domestic issues not only refers to marital or familial issues, they can relate to personal health, financial, social, or other issues.
Hiring security during a high-risk termination could be the difference between a smooth transition or violence. The added benefits of having security on-hand is that safety and wellness of the general workforce. Subsequently, every level of employees, from management to entry level, will have the peace of mind of feeling safe. The security service can work late into the night to ensure the employee doesn’t return to damage property or threaten the workforce.
Leave A Comment